What a year! As 2011 wraps up, I can’t help but be reflective and sentimental. Please listen to this beautiful piano and trumpet duet from Spinning Merkaba and Donkey Horse Mule while I ramble my reflective reflecting…
I’m very grateful and proud of a lot of happenings this year. I’m a big fan of lists, so here’s a list of things that make me feel pretty fortunate:
- Mind Map That was mentioned in The Columbus Dispatch.
- MMT was included in ccMixter’s “Emergence” album and visual art installation.
- Polydactyl Super Cat received a wild amount of attention on YouTube.
- Team Smile and Nod (my band) released our 2nd album, “Mourning Time.”
- Started Mind Map That Music Map Podcast (MMTMMP) and was invited to make it a ccMixter featured podcast.
- MMT was invited to join the ccMixter Admin team.
- Started working on a solo album with the moniker Kara Square.
- MMT was featured on Lawrence Lessig and ccMixter’s album “Strike the Root.”
- Team Smile and Nod was signed to Tune Track record label.
- Team Smile and Nod’s song “Happy” was picked as a Free! Music! Contest winner and included on the Freemixter Sampler.
- “Please Don’t Wish Me a Merry Christmas” was featured on Friendly Atheist blog (one of my favorite blogs eva’).
- MMT became addicted to the ukulele. (My poor guitar hasn’t had any real action for month.)
- Worked on numerous exciting collaborations (i.e. DJ Death video with Chris Smallwood, “Cry Wolf” with Fireproof Babies, sooooo many music collabs on ccM).
- Ready for a super-cheesy, super-true one?? I made some amazing, inspiring friends from around the world (primarily from interacting on ccMixter).
So now I’m thinking about 2012. My big plan is to release a Mind Map That album (re-mixed and re-mastered collection of songs) and a Kara Square album (called “Lesbian Love Songs for Everyone But Especially Uke”). Team Smile and Nod will also be releasing our 3rd album. I will continue regularly posting on MMT and creating new music and videos. Thank you so much for your support throughout 2011. Your thoughts and encouragement are sincerely appreciated. If you ever have any ideas for a MMT song or video, please let me know (kara[at]mindmapthat[dot]com). Your input is incredibly valuable to me (thus, the addition of polls on the site). Thank you again and again. Take care and cause ruckus, my friends. Happy New Year!